Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1. How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
- Call main office at 708-652-5532 in order to schedule an appointment to register. At the time of your appointment, a birth certificate and 5 proof of residency forms are required. Also, your son/daughter must have turned 5 years of age as of August 1st.
- 2. How can I help at the school and be involved in the school culture?
- Call the main office at 708-652-5532 in order to explain that you would like to become involved. Drexel offers a Parent Patrol, Parent Club, and Parent Reading Club as venues for parents to become involved in the school environment.
- 3. My child must be absent from school. Who must I notify of this absence?
- Please call the main office at 708-652-5532 in order to inform the office of this absence.
- 4. My child is sick at school, or must be picked up early from school. What must I make sure to remember prior to picking up my son/daughter?
- A Driver's Licence or State ID must be showed at the time of pick-up. Only parents, guardians, or individuals listed on the child's green card will be allowed to pick-up.
- 5. What technological resources are provided through Drexel and District 99?
- Chromebooks have been issued to students in Kindergarten-6th Grade. Students are able to use their devices each evening in order to strengthen their math and reading skills. Kahn Academy is accessible for math and Imagine Learning- Grades K-2 for reading or ACHIEVE 3000- Grades 3-6 for reading.
Drexel's Book Fair will also be on line.
Drexel will be holding an our online book fair is from November 3 thru November 9. Please visit the link below if you are interested in ordering a book or other fun items.
You can email her at email@example.com
Parent Coffees are a monthly meeting at Drexel where parents can meet with the school administrators and other parents to learn about school events and share ideas. These meetings are from 9:00-10:20 am on the following dates.
Monday, October 16 at 9:00
Monday, November 13 at 9:00
Monday, December 4 at 9:00
Monday, January 22 at 9:00
Monday, February 5 at 9:00
Monday, March 12 at 9:00
Monday, April 16 at 9:00
Monday, May 14 at 9:00
NEEDS ASSESSMENT FOR DREXEL SCHOOL
Title I Illinois schools must each submit a plan to the Illinois Board of Education that is developed in consultation with stakeholders. The completion of a needs assessment survey completed by staff, parents and community member is part of this plan. We are asking all adult member of the Drexel Community to please take a few minutes to complete a needs assessment survey by November 15, 2017. A link to our survey is below.http://sitool.ascd.org/AccessSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=84K2n95&SID=76deb9cf-412a-463d-b573-4180bd0fd701