Data shows that the pandemic has had a significant impact on student learning, both across the country and in Cicero School District 99.
Cicero District 99 is launching a comprehensive stakeholder engagement process to help determine how it should potentially spend additional federal dollars to address COVID-19 recovery, including unfinished learning and COVID prevention and mitigation practices.
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) was signed into law in March and included $122 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds for school districts across the country, which is the single largest investment in federal elementary and secondary education in the nation's history. Cicero School District 99 is slated by ISBE to receive some of that additional funding.
All parents, district employees, and community members are urged to complete a survey to help the district determine what to prioritize with the potential ESSER funds. School districts are limited in what they can use ESSER funds to support.
Cicero District 99 received funding through the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III grant program. The purpose of the ARP ESSER III Fund is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impacts of COVID-19 on the nation's students by addressing students' academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs.
This grant provides schools with funding to address the impact COVID-19 has had on services to students during school building closures. It also provides funding to develop and implement plans for the return to normal school operations. As part of this process, Cicero School District # 99 seeks stakeholder input on how this grant will support students, staff, and school operations. All members of the Cicero District 99 community are welcome to submit their input.
- What Is The Purpose Of The ARP ESSER III Funds?
- How Much Funding Is Available To Cicero District 99?
- How Does Cicero District 99 Know Its Granted Amount?
- What Is The Funding Period For ARP ESSER III Grants?
- What Are The Federal Requirements Around The District ESSER III Use Of Funds Plan?
- Are The Esser III Funds Required To Be Used For Specific Purposes?
- Are There Recommended Uses Of Esser III Funds That Will Assist School Districts In Addressing The Impact Of The COVID Pandemic And Disruptions Leading To Learning Loss?
- What are some of the allowable uses of the ARP ESSER III funds?