A huge thank you to all of the parent volunteers and parent patrol that have contributed to this year being such a success! You are very appreciated for all that you do! We hope you enjoyed the breakfast on 5/21/19
our Parent Technology classes
Are Back At Drexel School
Venga y participe con nosotros en el Taller de Tecnología para Padres de Drexel!
Dónde: Escuela Drexel - Media Center
Cuándo: Jueves, 9:00am - 10:00am
Novembre 1st and 29th
Diciembre 6th and 20th
Enero 10th and 31st
Febrero 7th and 28th
Marzo 7th and 21st
Abril 11th and 25th
Mayo 2nd and 23rd
Parent Technology Workshops!
Where: Drexel School
When: Thursday, 9:00am-10:00am
November 1st and 29th
December 6th and 20th
January 10th and 31st
February 7th and 28th
March 7th and 21st
April 11th and 25th
May 2nd and 23rd
Our Parent Leader at Drexel is is Alejandra Serrano.
You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Coffees are a monthly meeting at Drexel where parents can meet with the school administrators and other parents to learn about school events and share ideas.
Our Parent Coffees have concluded for the 2018-2019 school year.
Stay Tuned for Our 2019-20120 Parent Coffee Schedule
These meetings are held in our Media Center on the second floor from 9:00-10:00 am
Paid for Thru Title I and Title III funds!
Hello Drexel Families,
Here is some information about Box Tops for Education for the 2018-2019 school year.
1)Mrs. Carpenter and Mrs. Jasinski are the co-coordinators this year.
2)Box Tops MUST be collected and turned in to the classroom teacher to be credited to Drexel.
3)Below this article are two collection sheets that you can print for your homeroom/students. On the first attachment please have the students write the date that Box Tops MUST be turned in.
4)There is a bulletin board on the first floor that will have grade level totals displayed as a bar graph.
5)There is a Box Tops trophy that will be awarded to the homeroom that has collected the most Box Tops at the end of each collection drive.
6)Drexel's submission for the end of the last school year was $160.00.
*** Check school supplies (Kleenex, Ziploc baggies, Avery Office products because there are Box Tops on these items. ****Thank you for your continued support with Box Tops for Drexel School! 😊
Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1. How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
- Call main office at 708-652-5532 in order to schedule an appointment to register. At the time of your appointment, a birth certificate and 5 proof of residency forms are required. Also, your son/daughter must have turned 5 years of age as of August 1st.
- 2. How can I help at the school and be involved in the school culture?
- Call the main office at 708-652-5532 in order to explain that you would like to become involved. Drexel offers a Parent Patrol, Parent Club, and Parent Reading Club as venues for parents to become involved in the school environment.
- 3. My child must be absent from school. Who must I notify of this absence?
- Please call the main office at 708-652-5532 in order to inform the office of this absence.
- 4. My child is sick at school, or must be picked up early from school. What must I make sure to remember prior to picking up my son/daughter?
- A Driver's Licence or State ID must be showed at the time of pick-up. Only parents, guardians, or individuals listed on the child's green card will be allowed to pick-up.
- 5. What technological resources are provided through Drexel and District 99?
- Chromebooks have been issued to students in Kindergarten-6th Grade. Students are able to use their devices each evening in order to strengthen their math and reading skills. Kahn Academy is accessible for math and Imagine Learning- Grades K-2 for reading or ACHIEVE 3000- Grades 3-6 for reading.