Currently, we are not receiving two-week rolling averages from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and instead are using our internal self-reporting process to determine positivity rates which can be found on our dashboard. If the positivity rates were to reach the 6% level, we would activate the chart below.
2022-2023 COVID-19 MITIGATION STEPS
NEW: The CDC is no longer recommending weekly screening of COVID-19 for asymptomatic students in a school setting, therefore, the District will no longer be offering SHIELD testing. Students and families may receive at-home rapid tests for home administration while supplies last. Rapid tests for home use may be requested at your school building while supplies last.
The District will continue to require quarantine for all students and staff who test positive for COVID-19
Sanitizing and deep cleaning of classrooms and common areas continues for the 2022-2023 school year
District 99 students and staff will no longer be required to have their temperature taken at our buildings prior to entry.
All students and staff testing positive for COVID-19 with positive tests results are asked to quarantine for 5 days in accordance with IDPH/CDC
Please continue to monitor your child's health at home. If your child has any noticeable COVID-19 symptoms, get them tested if needed.
Children who are not sick and not showing COVID-19 symptoms, or previously considered a close contact, no longer need to quarantine.
***These protocols have been made in collaboration with District administrators, the Board of Education and Cicero Council teachers union.***
- How Will The Reopening Plan Be Reviewed And Revised?
- How Can Parents Provide Input On The Reopening Plan?
- Are masks optional for the '22-'23 school year?
- Are students required to attend classes in person for the '22-'23 school year?
- Will the district offer remote instruction?
- Will the district be adhering to social distancing guidelines?
- Will families be required to self-certify their children daily prior to arrival at school?
- Will the district contact trace?
- How will lunch work?
- Will the district sanitize daily?
- What mitigating factors has the district implemented to safeguard against COVID-19?
- Will there be testing conducted at the district?
- What if my child is sick or tests positive for COVID-19?
- How will the district handle positive COVID-19 cases and close contacts?
- What if my child plays a sport or does extra-curricular activities?