District 99's Mission Statement:
"Together, we will partner with the community to ensure a rigorous, whole-child learning experience, accessible to all students.
Vision - Roosevelt inspires students to be life-long learners-it's a Road Runner thing! Beep, Beep!
Mission - Roosevelt Elementary School will promote academic excellence by guiding our students and providing them with the necessary tools to be honorable citizens in a global society.
Roosevelt School Improvement Plan:
* Power Half Hour is a thirty-minute period of every day when students have time to strengthen or stretch their skills in math and literacy.
* Roosevelt's 6th grade is departmentalized this year. The students will switch rooms for math, science, social studies, and writing.
*We use HERO as our behavior management system and students can receive HERO points for following our three behavior expectations - Being Safe, Being Responsible, and Being Respectful Roadrunners.
*Twelve of our staff members went through extensive training and became Google Level I Certified Educators. Two members of the staff are Google Level II certified.
*We still have the largest Parent Patrol in District 99.
* Rocky the Roadrunner is our mascot and he has to model good behavior for Coyote.
* Team Roosevelt - a team of students who promote Roosevelt's three school-wide expectations: "Be safe, be respectful, and be responsible.
* Roosevelt School will have a yearbook this year - watch for the order forms.