JOIN US NEXT WEEK! 💀
BRIGINING CULTURAL PROGRAMMING TO THE ONLINE WORLD: DISTIRCT 99 TO CELEBRATE ANNUAL DAY OF THE DEAD PROGRAM WITH VIRTUAL PROGRAM
For the past several years, Cicero District 99 has embraced the Mexican culture of its community through encouraging the education and celebration of Day of Dead ("Dia de los Muertos"), the Mexican holiday which involves family and friends coming together to pray for and remember loved ones who have passed away, helping support the spiritual journeys of the deceased.
Monday, Nov. 2
District 99 will be teaming up with the Cicero Mexican Cultural Committee for an hour-long online celebration, which will be livestreamed right here on our District website as well as the District's
And, though things undoubtedly look different this year with remote learning and social distancing due to COVID-19, District 99 remains dedicated to honoring the cherished district tradition of Day of the Dead — albeit all virtual.
In preparation for this year's program, families from across District 99 have worked virtually with teachers creating "las catrinas" — well-dressed woman skeleton figurines traditionally used to symbolize death, and "ofrendas", or altars with a collection of objects to honor deceased loved ones.
The virtual program will include explanations of Day of the Dead traditions, performances from local Mexican singers, a demonstration on face painting, and an opportunity for viewers to vote for their favorite family artworks.
- Dual Language Program
- IXL Math: How does it help my child?
- Imagine Math: How does it help my child?
- Imagine Math: How does it help my child?
- Mathia Math: How does it help my child?
- Splash Math: How does it help my child?
- Digital Resources and Tools
- Google Apps I
- Google Apps II
- How to support my child at home
- Able Differently
*Parents can pick up food at any school of their choice except the EC Center and McKinley Educational Center*
MON, NOV. 2
7 A.m.-1:30 P.M.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK!
To report instances of student bullying and/or school violence, please fill out the form in the link below.
After completion, please submit the form to the principal's office at your child's school.
Unlike Powerschool and Hero, parents DO NOT get their own individual Google Classroom or Schoology accounts.
Please have your child login to their account in order to view daily assignments.
Having trouble with your child's Chromebook, hotspot or learning platforms?
Not only do all District 99 students get a Chromebook, they also get a hotspot provided by T-Mobile to go along with it!
LEARN MORE BY
Learn more about District 99's award-winning biannual event, which gives parents the opportunity to attend workshops aimed to help better understand what is going on in the district.
Outside community speakers deliver workshops to help motivate and encourage parents to give not only themselves, but their children a better and more educated life.
NOV. 13, 2020
Click Here To Join
Next Virtual Coffee Talk
Parent Patrol is a group of nearly 300 volunteer residents which dedicates their time and energy into helping ensure safe passage for local youth. The Town of Cicero Safety Patrol volunteer group was founded in 2010, and the volunteer base keeps growing!
Interested in learning more about the Town of Cicero Safety Patrol?
Contact Ismael Vargas at
- Speaking To Our Children About: Coronavirus
- Hablando con nuestros hijos sobre: el Coronavirus
- Resiliencia en tiempos dificiles
- Tres pasos para controlar el estrés
- 3 pasos para un tener un día extraordinario
- La Inteligencia Emocional en Tiempos de Reto
- Tips para Mejorar la Relación con tus Hijos
- Secretos para educar bien a tus hijos
- Caregiving for the Caregiver: Self-Care Strategies
- The Staycation That Never Ends! An Honest and Candid Discussion of the Impact of COVID-19 on Teens and Emerging Adults
- Character Strengths and Well-Being
- Family Yoga for Everyone
- Grieving: Experiences and Expectations
- 8 Steps To Problem Resolution
- Family Storytelling Workshop
- Manifesting Authentic Leadership Engaging Success: Transformative Ways to Build Relationships with Parenting MALES
- Financial Resilience: The Basics & Now
- Processing Emotions through Art
- Managing Stress: Pandemic, Home Schooling, & More
- Teachers' Tricks For Parents: How to Encourage & Sustain Children's Motivation for Learning
- Getting Good Sleep And Rest (Yoga Nidra)
- Finding Ways to Laugh (When You Want To Cry)
- Making Back To School Work for Children and Families
- Riding the CoronaCoaster
- Meditación del Corazón: Acoger, Sanar y Compartir en Comunidad
- Informacion, Herramientas y Consejos sobre la salud mental durante la pandemia del coronavirus
- Encontrando Paz En Tu Hogar Durante COVID-19
- El Poder de las Emociones y Como Influencian Nuestras Vidas
- Los Cuatro Acuerdos
- Vivir en Armonia
- Como Ser Grande, Poderoso y Feliz
- La Montana Rusa Emocional del Coronavirus
District 99 has moved to full online registration beginning with the 2020-2021 academic year. Schools will no longer be requiring parents to come to the building over the summer and enrolling their child in classes.
Parents will now be able to register their child at home and at any time during the registration periods. No more taking off work and waiting in long lines — online registration is finally here!
Parent Outreach Liaison
Parent Patrol Coordinator
Martha Vargas (Columbus East)
Mischele Gutierrez (Columbus West)
Maria Guadalupe Mora (Columbus West)